We’re getting creative in the kitchen at the moment, and what better way to do that than by trying out a Skin Veg Salad. Also, it’s coming around to salad season again, as we’re getting a little further into spring! We’re thinking green for the week that’s in it, and so we’re putting the spotlight on our very own Skin Veg!
Our Skin Veg Salad contains some of the ingredients which we also include in this super hydrating, highlighting, and anti-ageing serum!
Skin Veg is packed with antioxidants which work to fight the free radicals which might otherwise seek to damage your skin. We all know that antioxidants are good for us, and we could all do with more of them. Antioxidants help to reduce ‘oxidative stress’ and diminish the appearance of fine lines and wrinkling in the skin.
When it comes to Skin Veg, we’re focussing on the broccoli, radish, tomato, and cucumber!
Broccoli is full of antioxidants, is fat-free, contains protein, is high in fiber, high in vitamin C, potassium, B6 and vitamin A! It mightn’t have been a loved-vegetable when we were kids, but we’re changing our mind now!
Radishes are small but mighty, containing powerful antioxidants and are a great source of vitamin C. They’re also great for adding a baby-sized kick and crunch!
Tomatoes are another antioxidant, and have been lauded in recent years for containing lycopene, which is an antioxidant linked to a lowered risk of cardiovascular disease and cancer.
This Skin Veg salad is ideal as a side salad, or add the protein of your choice and chow down!
2 heads of broccoli
1 cup of quinoa
Watercress for garnish
(OPTIONAL: 200g of feta cheese)
2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 Tbsp honey
1 Tbsp mustard
1 Tbsp Extra Virgin olive oil
- Cook your quinoa as desired! One cup of quinoa needs two cups of water, and will get your three cups of quinoa. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium-high heat, then lower the heat to a simmer with the lid on. Cool as desired.
- Dice your broccoli, radishes, and tomatoes nice and small – they mix more nicely, like this, and we’re giving ten points for presentation (we’re not).
- Combine your diced veg with your cooled quinoa in a bowl (and add your feta cheese, if you wish!)
- Whisk your vinegar, honey, mustard and extra virgin olive oil all together in a small bowl.
- Combine your salad and dressing and be sure to give it a good stir! It won’t improve the quality of the antioxidants, but it will look delectable.
- Sprinkle on your watercress and enjoy!
Et voila! Chow down on your Skin Veg salad then and there! You could also add a protein of your choice if you’re feeling particularly ravenous! Our suggestions would be a bit of pressed tofu, Quorn chicken, or a grilled chicken breast, sliced and diced.
Delish all round! Are you planning on Skin Vegging out? Send us a pic of your culinary masterpiece!